Below is a comprehensive list of the county and city offices that have either closed or operating on limited access, as well as facility closures, event and programming cancellations, suspensions and postponements. Grocery and big-box store hours can be found at the bottom. Please check back regularly as we will add to the list as additional information becomes available.
County of San Bernardino until COVID-19 emergency ends:
- Big Bear Alpine Zoo at Moonridge
- County branch libraries
- County museums and historical sites
- County Regional Parks, including Calico Ghost Town
- Park and recreation district preschools in Big Bear and Joshua Tree
The following senior and community centers (centers that conduct meal programs will make meals available via drive-thru):
- Big Bear Senior Center
- Bloomington Ayala Senior Center
- Joshua Tree Community Center
- Lucerne Valley Community Center
- Wonder Valley Community Center
Services for the following County departments and offices will be available only by phone and online. Offices will be closed to the public:
- Agriculture/Weights & Measures
- Assessor- Recorder-Clerk
- Auditor-Controller/Treasurer/Tax Collector
- Child Support Services
- Children’s Network
- Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
- Community Development and Housing Agency
- County Fire and Fire Marshal
- District Attorney
- Economic Development
- Human Resources
- Inland Counties Emergency Medical Agency (ICEMA)
- Land Use Services, which includes Planning, Building and Safety, and Code Enforcement
- Public Works, with the exception of lobby computer access to surveyor records
- Registrar of Voters, with the exception of election observers by appointment only
- Risk Management
- Special Districts Water and Sanitation
- Transitional Assistance
- Veterans Affairs
- Workforce Development, however, in-person appointments will be conducted only when necessary
Animal Care and Control: Animal admission, adoption or redemption services will be provided on an appointment basis only, during standard working hours posted on ACC’s website. Residents should call to schedule an appointment for Devore Animal Shelter at (909) 386-9820 or Big Bear Animal Shelter at (909) 866-4943.
The Housing Authority agency lobbies, property management offices will be closed to the public indefinitely. All non-urgent, non-emergency work orders and housing quality standards inspections will be suspended. Staff available via phone and email. Visit www.hacsb.com for updates.
City of Colton has closed all community centers and library services indefinitely – all classes, programs, activities canceled. City Hall and Community Services Administration Office at the Gonzales Center are closed at this time. City of Colton Development Services – by appointment only – contact (909) 370-5079; Customer Service Call Center Hours (909) 370-5555 Monday through Thursday: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm; City of Colton – Utility Emergency After Hours Service (909) 820-3987 Monday through Thursday: 6:00pm – 8:30 am; Thursday through Monday: 6:00 pm – 8:30 am.
City of Redlands –Redlands Community Center, Redlands Community Senior Center, Joslyn Senior Center, Redlands Airport public lobby, Facilities and Community Services lobby, offices at Hillside Memorial Park cemetery closed until the end of April. Redlands Skatepark, Redlands Dog Park and all sports courts, including tennis and pickle ball courts are closed. Basketball hoops have also been removed from all outdoor basketball courts at City parks.
City of Rialto has closed all non-essential facilities to the public and canceled all city events, activities through May 4, including city facilities and department offices – City Hall, Community Development, Finance/City Treasurer’s Office, Community Compliance, HR and Risk Management, Public Works, and Community Services but will remain open to provide services via phone, email and fax. Closed facilities that will not be staffed – Tom Sawyer Swimming Pool, Grace Vargas Senior Center, Fitness & Aquatic Center, Community Center on Palm Ave.
City of San Bernardino community centers including the Center for Individual Development (CID), public counters, city libraries, recreational programming and non-essential services closed until May 3.
San Manuel Casino closed through April 11
- All Cinemark Theatres until further notice.
- 24th Annual Citrus Harvest Festival in Highland
- Arrowhead Regional Medical Center 2020 5K Walk/Run & Health Expo
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Redlands-Riverside through April 6
- Colton T-Ball Opening Ceremonies
- Hangar 24 SBD Air Fest
- Humane Society of S B Valley suspends Saturday shot clinics until end of April
- Lewis Family Playhouse until end of April
- LifeHouse Theater suspends performances, classes, rehearsals until mid-April
- Major Arena Soccer League (MASL) season
- National Orange Show events through April 30
- Ontario Impvov – all shows through the end of April
- Ontario Reign season
- Redlands Bicycle Classic 2020
- Redlands Market Night and Farmers Market through end of March.
- Rialto Farmers Market
K-12 Schools: all 33 schools in SB County will remain closed through the end of the school year; distance learning.
- Cal State San Bernardino spring quarter will begin April 4 and courses delivered virtually. Students/faculty who need mobile devices, webcams or mobile hotspots for internet access to support alternate modes of instruction email firstname.lastname@example.org. Commencement cancelled.
- UC Riverside – all classes will be delivered remotely for the entire spring quarter.
- Crafton Hills College, San Bernardino Valley College classes suspended March 22 – 28; remote and online education of most classes begin March 29 until further notice.
- Chaffey College – Spring Break extended from March 17 – 27 and all classes canceled during that time. On March 30 nearly all classes will be taught online – please look for an email from your instructors by March 27 with specific information on classes and the next steps.
- County Vendor Exchange date TBD
- Hispanic Lifestyle Latina Conference 2020 postponed to June 2, 2020
- Jeff Dunham at the Toyota Arena to September 17, 2020
- LEAD Summit XI at Cal State San Bernardino postponed to September
- Read ID card deadline
- Redlands Downtown Art Walk date TBD City of San Bernardino State of the City date TBD
- SBHS Mr. Cardinal Pageant May 3, 2020
- San Bernardino State of the City date TBD
- San Bernardino Symphony Orchestra May 2 concert TBD
Grocery Store Hours:
- Albertsons 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Aldi 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (may vary by location)
- Cardenas 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Costco 10 a.m. – 8:30 p.m., Sat 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sun 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Food 4 Less – 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (Seniors 60 and over: 7am – 7:30 a.m., Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Ralphs 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (Seniors 60 and over 7 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. daily)
- Sam’s Club 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sprouts 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Stater Bros. 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. (Seniors 65 and over: 7:45 a.m. – 8 a.m.)
- Target 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Trader Joe’s 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Vons 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Walmart Supercenters (and regular stores) 6 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.